Yesterday morning on The Today Show (I love that show and I am really going to miss it when I go back to work!) they showed where Times Square had huge shredding machines set up so people could go and write down what they would like to forget about 2009 or things they would like to give up in 2009. I think it is a wonderful idea so I decided to make my own list!
1. Worrying about silly things--this is a major problem for me. I am constantly worrying about people liking me, parents of my students approving of me, is my husband mad at me, "what ifs", the list goes on and on.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.Proverbs 3:5-6
2. Stress--I think this would probably go with number 1 because I tend to stress over silly stuff I am worrying about. I am going to do my best as a teacher and TRY not to second guess myself so much. (my job is where the majority of my stress comes from)
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.Matthew 6:34
3. Retail Therapy--now don't get me wrong, I am not saying goodbye to shopping (I could never do that!), I am just going to stop the "impulse" shopping. Today I cleaned and organized my closet and got rid of SIX trash bags full of clothes and shoes (some were Josh's). The sad thing is that several items still had the tag on them! Josh and I are doing okay financially, but I know we could be doing so much better. My best friend recently told me about the book Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I have started reading it and I really feel like we can make a few simple changes that will help us out in the long run.
A sensible man watches for problems ahead and prepares to meet them. The simpleton never looks, and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 22:3
4. Those last 20 pounds--two years ago I was at my heaviest weight, which I do not wish to reveal here! :) I decided that I needed a change so I began Weight Watchers. I love this diet program because it really isn't much of a diet, but more of just eating healthier. I stayed on it, sometimes not as much as I should, but I continued on and l0st 25 pounds. I wasn't at my goal, but I was close. I have kept the majority of the weight off, but I have to admit that once I found out I was pregnant I didn't try as hard to eat healthy. So, although I would much rather still be pregnant, I am going to lose those last 20 pounds. Josh and I are going to Orlando over spring break, so my goal is to have the weight off by then.
I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. Philippians 4:13
So there you have it...those are the things I am saying "Good Riddance" to this year. What will you say goodbye to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am saying goodbye to 25 pounds!!! I am also going to start WW.
Post a Comment