Friday, January 1, 2010

Menu Fridays

So, as mentioned in my last post I have a goal to lose 20 pounds before our spring break trip to Orlando (I am not too concerned with the timeline as long as I get the weight off). When I dieted in the past I found that Weight Watchers worked best for me. I really don't consider it a diet, just healthier eating and being more aware of what I am eating.

Josh and I are also implementing Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover (Josh calls it the money diet) this year, which will mean that we are going to have to stop eating out so much. My goal is to plan healthy meals that will be quick and easy to make. I love looking at recipes on blogs, so I decided that I am going to include our weekly menu on my blog every week with a link to the recipes. Hopefully it will keep me accountable with both of my "diets". I am going to try to put the menus up on Friday (even though Menu Monday sounds so much better) because I tend to do my grocery shopping on Saturdays. I hope this helps you too!

Sunday--Eggplant Parmesan and steamed broccoli (the steamer kind found in the freezer section)
Monday--Thai fried rice
Tuesday--left overs
Wednesday--baked garlic lemon tilapia and baked zucchini sticks
Thursday--Jenio turkey burgers (you can buy a box of 12 in the meat department) and broccoli-rice-and cheese (the steamer kind)
Friday--turkey taco lettuce wraps
Saturday--broiled tilapia and roasted brussel sprouts (okay, for those of you that hate the thought of brussel sprouts this recipe might change your mind. I have made them several times and LOVE them!)

I am also going to make a healthy dessert that we can eat on through out the week so that I am not tempted to eat junk (I have a minor addiction to Reeses!)
Dessert--No-bake cheesecake

Well, that will be our menu for the week. I hope that it gives you some ideas!

No comments: