Well, today was suppose to be my first day back at work but due to the snow, I have an extra day off. I have to say that I felt a HUGE sense of relief when they cancelled school. Today was suppose to be an inservice day without the kids and oddly enough that scares me more than being around my 4th graders. I work with wonderful people, don't get me wrong, but I am just worried. I don't want to be treated any different and I really just want to go back to "normal". But as my mom reminded me, I have a new "normal". People will look at me differently and will probably feel sorry for me. As much as I hate that, I know I would feel the same way if it was someone else.
I also have my four week post-pardom checkup today. I can't believe it has already been four weeks. Hopefully today we will get some answers about what went wrong. At the ultrasound it looked like it was probably a chromosome thing, but today we should know for sure. I think this is going to make me feel better and hopefully let Josh and I start thinking about the future.
Last, I am excited to say that my little sister Alyson has started a blog. She is 9 years younger than me and she is WONDERFUL! She has really helped me through some of the rough times these past 4 weeks...she even performed her Macy's dance at the hospital for me! I love her dearly and I am so proud of all her accomplishments.
I hope everyone has a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would be more nervous with my peers than I would with my students. People are going to feel sorry for you, and it's okay! It just means that we care about you and love you! It would be hard for me, too.
I won't be back until the 18th, but I will pray for you these next couple of days.
Post a Comment