Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hanging in there...

Well, life is finally getting back to normal this week. Along with the miscarriage several other stressful things happened the past two weeks. First, I got a spinal headache from the epidural and had to go back to the hospital for a blood patch. It was not fun, but my head hurt so bad that anything would of felt better than that headache. The day after I went to the hospital for the blood patch my father-in-law had a heart attack and had to have triple bypass surgery. Talk about a stressful week! The surgery went well and he is now recovering at home.

This week I am taking it easy at home. I have a newer appreciation for my job now. Although staying at home all day sounds great, after a few days it gets boring (I know it will be different when we have a kid at home). I think I have gone to Hobby Lobby at least 3 times this week and have completed many projects. I miss my students so much and I can't wait to see them at our Christmas party on Friday.

Although this whole process has been very hard physically and emotionally, I feel so abundantly blessed to have such amazing family and friends. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't call and check up on me or comes over while Josh is working. I have always been close to my mom, and we have grown even closer through this. Also, I always knew that I had a wonderful Mother-in-law, but I have learned so much from her the past two weeks. She is such a strong Christian woman with an unbelievable faith in God. Last I have to mention my WONDERFUL husband. We found out we miscarried on a Thursday and he was suppose to leave the next day for a 10 day trip to Washington D.C. with some students from his school. He immediately called his principal and arranged for someone else to go. He did not leave my side at the hospital and he took such great care of me when I got home. Josh and I have been together since I was in 9th grade...never did I think we would have to go through something like this. It is amazing how something so tragic can bring two people so close together. He is going to be a great father someday.

Sorry for all the rambling...I just have so much going through my head these days.

1 comment:

Cori said...

Jennifer, I am so sorry that so much has happened to you guys. You seem to be handling things very well. I miss my kiddos, too! I LOVE being home with Miss Priss, but I think I am meant to be at work :o)

Anyways, I will see you on Friday!