Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Go Kris Allen!

I normally don't get into American Idol, but when I saw there was an Arkansas boy I could not resist. I am so pumped that he won tonight. I know it sounds silly, but I haven't been this excited for my state since I was in 5th grade and watched the basketball team win the national championship! All too often Arkansas gets a bad reputation and it is good to see my state well represented.

Well, we are down to 7 days. This has been a very tough week for me. I found out on Sunday night that a student in my class lost his mother. This was pretty shocking for me since I had just talked to her the week before at our Mother's Day lunch. I can't imagine what my sweet student is going through right now. Even though I went to school for 5 years to be a teacher, they don't teach you how to handle these situations. The rest of the class is so sweet and are worried about their friend. We decided to get a build-a-bear monkey for him since that is his favorite animal. I got it on Monday but had to go back tonight because my students informed me that it is NOT OKAY MRS. WORTHY to give him a monkey without clothes! I had to laugh a little because when I was young there were no clothes for my animals! My how times have changed! Anyway, I will be going to the funeral tomorrow. It is going to be a tough day.

Along with the funeral, I also found out about a big change that will be happening next year. I will share more about that later, but thoughts and prayers would be appreciated for this big change.

Well, I am off to bed...oh yeah, I just ordered a Kris Allen shirt for Josh and myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

amen on the Arkansas boy! I actually watched the final show down and was thrilled to learn that he's from AR!

sorry to hear about your student's mom. I'm sure it is challenging for you as well since they all look up to you as a leader. Hard to know just what to say. I'm sure you're doing a great job, though. You are so compassionate.

funny about the monkey, though! :)

my curiosity is piqued. Change...

Cori said...

I will definitely be praying for you, your student, and your class. That is a very tough situation...

As for the change for next year... not sure what it is, but I will be praying for you!