I was dreading the month of May. I had held so many hopes for that month. I was going to be a mom by my 27th birthday. I was going to celebrate my first Mother's day as a mom. I just really wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there for the whole month!
My due date for Tytus was suppose to be May 1st. On April 29th, I was having a really crappy day. For some crazy reason I felt the need to take a pregnancy test. We had just started talking about trying again, and I really didn't think it would happen yet. I guess I just wanted to see the "negative" so that I could get it over with. My sister decided to come over to cheer me up, so I waited until she got to the house to take the test. I took the test and then handed it to her (she must really love me!). I told her I already knew what it was going to say, but I just really didn't want to see it. After a couple of minutes, she said "Are you sure you know what it is going to say?" She had this crazy look in her eyes and turned the test around so that I could see the word "pregnant". I can't even begin to explain how I felt. I burst into tears and I think my sister and I hugged for ever! I was shaking like crazy and my mind began to race. Josh was in the living room and didn't even know I was taking a test. Even though I had always dreamed of telling him I was pregnant in a creative way, I was way too excited. I found a gift bag to put the test in. I ran out to the living room and handed him the bag. He looked in it and we both started crying again. Just 2 days before we should have been welcoming our baby boy, we found out that we were expecting again. This is just the first of many instances that I consider a "God Thing" with this pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful tender mercy from our Lord. He knows just how to help us, doesn't He. Congratulations, btw! I am not surprised you kept things on the dl this time around, just pleasantly happy for you and your little Ellie!
Post a Comment