Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ellie Faith's Birth Story Part 1

Before I tell Ellie's birth story, I need to set the stage because her early birthday came as a big shock!

Less than a week before Ellie came, we found out that my grandmother would probably not make it through the weekend. Even though my family knew this day was coming, it was still very difficult. The selfish part of me wanted her to hold on just a little longer so that she could meet Ellie. I had just gone to the doctor for my 36 week appointment (December 8th) and Doctor C informed me that she would not be coming anytime soon. I was bummed, but at the same time I wasn't ready yet. I still had so much to at home to get ready for her and I was not finished getting everything ready for my substitute at school.

That Saturday, December 11th, my grandmother went to be with Jesus. We spent the weekend with family. I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable, but I didn't really think anything of it. The funeral was Tuesday the 14th. While the guests were talking with the family, a sweet lady came up to me to give me a hug. As she was doing so, she whispered in my ear that when one life ends, another begins. That really hit home to me, but again was a reminder that my grandmother wouldn't meet Ellie.

That night Josh and I had our childbirth class. We opted for the short, two hour class since we had already kinda been through a labor. I had been joking all day that I couldn't wait to see Josh's face when he watched "the video" (a live birth). As it turns out, Josh did fine and I am the one that TOTALLY flipped out. I just kept thinking that there was NO WAY that I could do that!

I went to school the next day a little uncomfortable. My back hurt and I had some cramps but it wasn't anything too bad. At 11:15 my mom came to pick me up to take me to my 37 week appointment. As I was leaving, I told all my teacher friends that I would see them for recess duty. Little did I know, I would be having a baby 2 hours later!

No comments: