Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Highlights...

It has been a long time since I have blogged and a lot has happened this summer so I guess I need to get caught up before it is another 3 months! The break has really gone by fast. It seems like just last week I was packing up my classroom and now I am already unpacking it!

Our first big adventure for the summer was a mission trip to Birmingham, Alabama. Josh and I went with the youth from Elm Springs United Methodist. The week was amazing and we got to experience many neat things. The group I worked was able to spend 2 days working at a Kids' Club in an inner city neighborhood and 2 days working on a house for Habitat for Humanity. I think I was better off at the Kids' Club because I'm pretty sure I am not cut out for construction! I am no good at hanging siding!

We didn't plan any big vacations this summer since we went to Florida over spring break, but we did take several weekend trips. First we went to Tulsa with Josh's brother Daniel and sister-in-law Amanda. We always have a great time hanging out together and this weekend was no different! We found a Dave and Busters when we first got there and the boys had a blast. Amanda and I got a glimpse of what it must have been like to be around them as kids and lets just say that I have a new appreciation for my mother-in-law!

The next weekend we went to Branson with my dad, step-mom, and my sister. The trip was very low-key and we spent the weekend eating and shopping. Surprisingly my dad and Josh did great at the outlet mall! I think it was because we let them play golf the next day! Ha!

The biggest news of the summer is that Josh and I found out that we will be having a healthy baby girl in January. I have a lot to write about the pregnancy so far, but that will have to be a different post. Needless to say, we are very EXCITED! I am still nervous, but I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders after each appointment.

So that about catches me up. Although I love summer break, I am ready to get back into a daily routine. I don't think I have even gone to the grocery store this entire month! My poor husband (don't worry...he isn't starving!)

No comments: