Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun Weekend

Well, it is Sunday night and I am sitting here wondering where my weekend went. It seems like they always go by way too fast. I had a really great weekend that started with going out with some great friends on Friday for margaritas. We had so much fun and it was a great end to the work week.
I got up early Saturday morning to volunteer at the Odyssey of the Mind competition. My school has a team and since three of the members are in my class, I was more than happy to help out. The team worked really hard and scored high enough to make it to the state competition. I am so proud of them because this is only the second year they have participated and improved so much from last year. The icing on the cake was when one of the members (who is in my class...I'm a proud teacher, what can I say!) won the award for Most Creative OMer. This is a huge deal because there is only one winner. I am so proud of Aleeyha and this is going to be a big boost to her confidence!
Saturday night, Josh and I went out to dinner with Daniel and Amanda and had a great time like always.
We have had a lazy Sunday, which has been nice. We went to lunch for my sister's birthday (the first of three celebrations!) and I have spent the rest of the day grading papers and lesson planning for the week. This is the most stressful time of the year for a teacher and I honestly can't wait for the state test to be over with! I always worry and stress so much about getting everything taught in time, but I have to say that it does feel a little different this year. I think the events of this year have really put things into perspective for me. Life is too short to worry constantly about how twenty-eight 10 year olds are going to do on a test they take one week out of the year. Don't get me wrong, I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to get my kiddos ready, but I have just decided to not let it control my life, like it has seem to do every other year at this time. Anyway, I won't even get started on my feelings about the test...that would be a whole different post! :)
Have a great week...hopefully the weather will stay nice although I hear it is suppose to be a stormy week...boo for inside recess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm actually curious about the State tests. What kinds of things do you have to teach them? What happens to you if they don't score well? I'd love to read some vent...