This has been a great weekend so far. This past week has been very busy for Josh and myself, so I am really enjoying some down time.
Thursday evening I went to my first miscarriage support group meeting. I have been wanting to go for awhile, but just hadn't made that step. the meeting was really great and I learned a lot about the grieving process. I left feeling like I am not crazy after all! :) Some days I feel so great and then something will happen that just triggers my emotions and I do a 180. I have also felt really awkward lately in social situations, which I also learned was completely normal. It was nice talking to other people who are dealing with the same emotions and feelings.
Friday after school I went out for a drink with a good friend from work and then Josh a I went out to dinner with Daniel and Amanda (Josh' brother and sister-in-law). We had a great time and great conversation. I absolutely LOVE Friday evenings because I know I get to sleep in the next morning!
Today we went shopping for some clothes for Florida. Poor Josh...he is never going to love shopping and I probably didn't help matters when I made him try on "man capris" (although it did make for a good laugh!). Tonight we are staying in and hanging out with my sister. Tomorrow is her 3rd birthday celebration and we are going bowling at Fast Lanes.
Anyway, sorry for all the rambling....I guess I better get busy with the lesson planning for next week...did I mention that I am VERY ready for spring break!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
one of the things that has helped me the most after the miscarriage we had was just supporting other people. I'll bet your group is really wonderful for that. It seems like talking about miscarriages or conception challenges is taboo in our culture. I sure wish it wasn't. I think more people would grieve and find peace if they could talk with someone. Since that is what I needed, I've tried to do that for other people. I talk openly about the experience with friends and neighbors. I've been amazed at how many people have approached me because they had a "silent" miscarriage (they didn't tell people) and they knew I'd had one. I think support is essential. Good for you for taking that step.
Post a Comment