Sunday, October 18, 2009

So I stink at this blogging thing...

Well, it has been a long time and I really don't have any excuses. I am really going to try to become better about the whole blogging thing. I think I have just felt like I haven't had anything important to blog about however....I think I do now! Josh and I found out the day before school started that we are expecting! I feel so lucky that things worked out the way they did. We are due May 1st so I will be able to work all but the last few weeks of this school year. We had our first doctor's appointment last Wednesday and I was SO NERVOUS! Everything has gone so smooth that I was almost wondering if I was actually pregnant! Hearing that heartbeat was so amazing. The doctor said everything looks and sounds good. I am 12 weeks and have felt great, for the most part, the entire time. I did find out that I am mildy anemic and have to start iron supplements. I also have to go in tomorrow for another urinalysis (msp?) which will have to be done by a catheter which I am not really looking foward to. The nurse told me it was nothing to worry about but I have to say that it doesn't sound that fun!

So that is the quick re-cap. Hopefully now I will be better about the blogging! Have a great week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowee! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! That IS great news! I remember first hearing Gwen's heartbeat and just being so relieved. What a great experience. Sorry about the whole pending catheter thing. I'm sure it'll be over quickly. Eric has to put catheters in all the time at the hospital (rotations) and he says it is really easy. So if it is easy, it can't be too painful or drawn out, right? Keep us posted!

Shannon said...

Congratulations again!:) I'm so glad to hear that everything is going smoothly so far! It is such a blessing to have an easy pregnancy! Also - don't worry or stress over the catheter thing. I was on one for 2 days when I had Ryleigh and its really not bad at all.

Ashley said...

I'm so excited for you!!

Jenn said...

Yea!! Congrats! Rest, rest, rest. You're going to love being a mommy! Tell Josh congrats as well!

FAT 2 FIT WITH GASTRIC BYPASS said...

Congrats Jennifer. I know another teacher at Monitor Elementary that is due I beleive May 1st....I'm so happy for you two..You will be great parents..