So back in November I really thought this day wouldn't come...school is finally out. This has been a rough school year in a lot of ways but in the end I think that everything that happened made me stronger and a better teacher. Today was a wonderful day at school. It was my first year ever that I wasn't emotional at the end of the day because I know that I will have the same kids again next year. The best part of the day was getting my benchmark scores. I worried all weekend, but they turned out AWESOME! I had so many GREAT surprises! My students worked so hard, as did I, and it is so good to see the hard work pay off. I am so excited that I get to work with the kids again next year because I feel like I will be able to push them even further!
Anyway, so as I sit at home tonight it is just starting to sink in that school is out for the summer. I have a very busy June ahead of me. I am going to be going to Dallas next week for my sister's dance camp and then to Clarksville for a family reunion. Next I have a week of inservice and then....JAMAICA! I am so pumped. I do see a trip to Hobby Lobby and the library in my very near future (two of my favorite places!). Oh yeah, I almost forgot...tomorrow I am going to see Sugarland and Brad Paisley with my great friend Jenn!
Summer fun here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congrats on your Benchmark scores! That just makes the summer break even sweeter!
You'll have to take lots of pics in Jamaica for those of us that want to experience it vicariously. :)
Post a Comment