Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Much Going On...

I haven't posted in awhile because honestly not much has been happening. This past weekend I played catch-up big time. I had a ton of papers to grade, lessons to plan, and LOTS of laundry to wash. Josh and I stayed in most of Saturday and I got everything done. It felt good to go back to school this morning knowing that everything was done.

Yesterday we went to the Arkansas basketball game to see my dad get honored at halftime with the 94 Championship team. It was so good to see some of the old players and two of my childhood heros Scotty Thurman and Corliss Williamson. I have so many wonderful memories of these two. I always felt so lucky that I knew them off the court. I can honestly say they are two of the nicest athletes I have ever known.



Although it was really fun seeing all the old players and coaches, nothing was better than seeing my ultimate hero honored...my dad! My dad has worked for the University of Arkansas for 25 years. His work ethic is amazing. He has touched the life of many student athletes over the years and I am so proud to call him my dad. He has taught me the value of hard work and taking pride in your work. I love you dad...thank you for everything that you have taught me!





1 comment:

Ashley said...

You are in so much trouble...I wasn't informed of your blog. Geez. How am I supposed to stalk it if I don't know it exists? Check your facebook wall - I left you a note. Let me know if you want to go. :) Miss ya.