Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Musings

Not much going on with me tonight, so here is some randomness...

1. Benchmark started this week, and although it makes for a LONG day, I am very proud of my kiddos. I have learned that you really can't tell how they do while they are taking the test and it is better to not stress yourself out and just wait for the results in May.

2. Josh and I went to a meeting yesterday for a mission trip we are going on in May. We will be going with some youth from my home church, Elm Springs United Methodist, to Birmingham, Alabama. We are traveling with a group called YouthWorks. The best part is that my sister will also be going...I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I think she is pretty cool! ;)

3. Okay, this one is more of a vent...does anyone else find it really annoying when girls on Facebook complain ALL the time about their pregnancies? Now, I know that when I am LUCKY enough to be pregnant again, it isn't going to be great all the time. I know you get tired, and crampy, and swell up (just to name a few)...but SERIOUSLY, complaining all the time is so annoying. Anyway, I didn't mean to offend anyone....just please remind me of this if I start complaining too much next time!

4. My awesome sister-in-law and I are going to start to train for a 5k this Sunday....yes, you read that correctly...me, running! As funny as it is going to look (I have a waddling problem!), I'm going to give it a try. Amanda sold me when she told me the training schedule is called "from couch potato to runner". We will see how this goes!!

Anyway...enough randomness from me! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Just so you know, that training program kicked my butt, but I'm not so much of a runner. :)

Cori said...

Oh, Jennifer... I completely agree with you about Benchmark! My kiddos are doing their best :o)

I remember when I was pregnant that I told myself I would not be one of those women who CONSTANTLY complained about being pregnant because I was lucky enough to be pregnant. There were some really tough days, but I - like you - found it as a blessing instead of a curse. Katie was our little surprise baby!