Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's OVER...

the benchmark that is! :)

So another year of benchmark is over and I am SO glad. I look forward to this time every year because there are so many fun things to do in the springtime without the stress of testing.

I know I have mentioned this before, but the group of kids that I have this year I have had for two years. They are a very special group of students to me...more so than they will probably ever know. We truly have become a family over the past two years and I am pretty close with several of their families as well. I'm pretty sure I am going to need some therapy when I have to send them on to 5th grade...just kidding...but it is going to be sad! :(

Anyway, one reason that I love this group is because they are very creative. I knew I wanted to do something fun tomorrow since it is the end of the week and testing is over. I wanted to show a movie, but I hate showing a movie just to show one. SO, I always try to connect it to something. I picked the Princess and the Frog. I checked out every version of the book I could find and the kids did a poster project which they LOVED. Well, my very creative kids decided that we needed to have a frog-themed day. One kid is bringing his pet frogs from home so we can "observe" their behaviors. They planned "frog" games to play outside like lily pad hop (with hula-hoops) and frog races with burlap sacks. We are also making some frog crafts. To stick with the frog theme, I decided to make some "frog" sugar cookies and "crowns". Josh and I had so much fun tonight decorating the cookies. I am looking forward to the fun that is to be had tomorrow.

Despite the stress that it sometimes brings, I KNOW with all my heart that I am in the perfect profession for me. I am very lucky!

No comments: